Page 1 of 1

Prolapse bladder

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:19 pm
by Isabella2
I am 57 have had four normal births and suffer from leaks have a prolapse bladder and suffer from frequent UTIs what would be the best option for me for treatment i am at the stage now that i have no quality of life Nhs have not been any help i have and still do pelvic floor exercise and i am fit and healthy.

Re: Prolapse bladder

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:13 pm
by Mr Ased Ali
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Clearly there are few things going on here: urine leaks, prolapse and frequent UTIs. To a certain extent they may be related to each other but equally they may not.

You really need a thorough assessment of your symptoms, an examination of your prolapse and probably some further investigations to work out what's going on with your bladder. There are good treatments available for all three of the problems you describe but a Urologist will need to work out what needs addressing first.

Can you not ask for a referral to your local Urology or Uro-gynaecology services?

Re: Prolapse bladder

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm
by Isabella2
Thank you for your help been so much to the doctors can't bring myself to go back i am going to look into going private thank you once again .

Re: Prolapse bladder

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:19 pm
by Mr Jeremy Ockrim

Ideally you should have urodynamic study to assess your bladder function and the cause of leakage, and imaging to assess your prolapse

Intervention (surgery) would then be tailored to deal with both issues together


Jeremy Ockrim

Re: Prolapse bladder

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm
by Isabella2
Mr ockrim

Thank you for the information i will look into this.