Overactive Bladder

Post your questions about female urology here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
jennywren10

by jennywren10 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Overactive Bladder

I have been diagnosed with having an overactive bladder. I currently take Vesicare 5mg daily to help with this. I recently tried an increase to 10mg but did not react well to that so back to 5mg. The urgency with which I need to go to the toilet causes me great problems as I also have very limited mobility and can't always make it to the toilet in time. Despite wearing pads I tend to have 4 - 5 major accidents a day which my pads can't cope with I find this all very embarrassing. As soon as I stand up to try and go to the toilet it is already to late. I also have numerous other long term conditions including Type 2 Diabetes, & ME/CFS. Any suggestions please?

Mr Ased Ali

by Mr Ased Ali on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:58 am

Re: Overactive Bladder

There are other medications for OAB that could be tried including Mirabegron (Betmiga) which is a different class of drug (Beta 3 agonist) and can be useful. Other options include Botox injections or sacral nerve modulation. Your urologist would need to assess your suitability for these alternative options depending on you other medical problems. You may also need to have an investigative procedure called urodynamics to further delineate the nature of your bladder problems.
Mr Ased Ali
Consultant Urological Surgeon

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ed_ali.php

2 posts