Arachnoiditis--Newly Diagnosed

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
foliage9

by foliage9 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Arachnoiditis--Newly Diagnosed

This past winter, I had a lumbar puncture from a neurosurgeon at St. John Neuroscience ( Tulsa ) who was attempting to discover the cause my hemifacial spasms. I also want to say I have arachnoid cysts on my brain, three to be exact. The lumbar puncture produced PDPH - Post Dural Puncture Headache and severe tinnitus. After three weeks a blood patch was done at the hospital, I got worse, and developed clumped nerves (Arachnoiditis) at the L5-S1 region. Severe, chronic debilitating pain plagues me day and night. The top of my right foot constantly burns, 24/7 for two months now. I already had bilateral sciatica and spondylolisthesis before the puncture or patch --for me, the pain from those conditions are nothing comparable to my pain from Arachnoiditis. It exceeds my pain threshold--total misery.

I have read some receive pain pumps to intercept pain signals to the brain. My understanding is that pain pumps can worsen Arachnoiditis, and I certainly fear greater back pain. The pain in my legs and feet has become unbearable, my calves constantly twitch, and the burning feels like a hot iron searing my skin-- itliterally feels that way. There is more on what happened to me at https://fierytrial.wordpress.com/2015/08/ so I do not make this topic post too long. Can anyone share their treatment measures for back pain? Also if someone has Arachnoiditis, I would really like to hear from you.

danakerr

by danakerr on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Arachnoiditis--Newly Diagnosed

As we know, there is still no cure for Arachnoiditis that is why I understand when you are just asking for a suggestion for pain relief. There are some organic chemicals that can give immediate relief from chronic pain like tea tree, lavander, spruce, endoca and even ginger. However, there are also available steroid injections for patients suffering from pain. Visit your doctor now and ask about it.

2 posts