Advice needed!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
Reuben120

by Reuben120 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 am

Advice needed!

Recently, one of my friend fractured his shoulder in an accident. At first the pain was bearable but from last 3 months, he has been experiencing chronic pain and was recommended to a registered physiotherapy clinic at Mississauga named Physio Now. But he is confused on what to choose to get rid of his trouble as soon as possible. Any suggestion would be great. Hope someone can give me ideas so that I can help him overcome this situation. Thank you.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised URL posted without Talkhealth permission. look out our forum policy for more

danakerr

by danakerr on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Advice needed!

Hi Reuben120

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. What did he do to fix his fractured shoulder. Was it cemented in cast or in a sling for the past 3 months? What was the Orthopedist's diagnosis? I'm sorry for all this questions I just want to make sure what your friend's condition is.

It's a good thing that he is referred to a physiotherapy clinic. But if he is still uncertain and is yet to decide there are still numerous things he can try to help mitigate his pain. He can try some muscle soothing pain creams or sprays. Endoca oil has CBD which has anti-inflammatory properties, this can help alleviate pain as well. Then there are also painkiller medications but this should be taken cautiously and with a doctors prescription.

thomasanderson

by thomasanderson on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Physiotherapy is an effective treatment option for shoulder fracture but only after the initial symptoms have subsided. Did the doctor suggest your friend to wear a sling/cast or apply an ice pack?
OrthoTexas, Irving

hcalancaster

by hcalancaster on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:38 am

Get Well Soon

nicoleroachr

by nicoleroachr on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:24 am

I can understand what its like to be in shoulder pain. We are nothing but like a paralyzed person who could not do what he want to do. The same thing happened with me and because of this i have encountered with very bad neck pain also. Try to do exercise as at home, which i have used when i got fractured my shoulder.

sabinelewis

by sabinelewis on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm

I would recommend you to see a physiotherapist, if u need one, Maud Cioffi I had her when i was in pain and she helped me to get better.

6 posts