Back pain during sleeping?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

25 posts
drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 am

Re: Back pain during sleeping?

hi.. you should consult with an experienced orthopedic doctor rather then any physiotherapist. Most the senior citizens face this issue in that age.

eblclinic
Location: 2389 Major Mackenzie Drive, Unit 301, Maple, Ontario, Canada

by eblclinic on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 am

Sorry to hear about your mother's problem. I know these type of pains broke people physically as well as mentally. But the best advice for you to find a good doctor for the treatment. You need to find an expert who can understand the actual cause of the pain your mother is suffering from.

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 am

Your sleeping position depends on back pain while sleeping. If you sleep on your back, try placing a pillow under your knees while you snooze. This will allow for proper alignment of the spine. If you sleep on your stomach, a pillow under your lower abdomen can help, while those who sleep on their side should tuck the pillow between their knees.

tomcurren

by tomcurren on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:52 am

Try a New Mattress.
Your bed may be to blame for your aching back. In fact, 63 percent of people say that their back pain improved after switching to a new mattress. Look for a medium-firm or firm mattress (the super cushy ones may feel great at first, but they are not back-friendly). Many companies allow you to test drive a mattress for a few weeks before you’re obligated to keep it, which is a good method for finding one that works for you. If a new mattress isn’t in the cards, adding plywood supports under the mattress may help.

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 am

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your mother back pain. Ask her to do some exercise to get rid of back pain and also ask her GP to give some medicine.
Thanks.

RalphMcDonald

by RalphMcDonald on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:36 am

I have some tips that may be helpful.

Use a small flat pillow for the head. If the pillow may lift head high then it can cause neck and back pain.
Use back bollard cushion which is round, firm, tabular and little wider to fits your back while sitting.
Always wear flat shoes than high heels as they can be horrible for the back.
Walk as possible as in the morning time with fresh air.

davidggambler

by davidggambler on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:34 pm

ally1968 wrote:I find with my back pain is if I sleep in the same position long enough I start to cease up and if I change position it still hurts but tends to ease slowly, laying on my back is a no no for me as I have both lumbar and thorax back problems. I suggest speaking to your GP as an xray may be required just to rule out anything untoward
As of my personal experience, I would say it is a vague practice to figure out the possible reason for pain without consulting a GP. You should ponder before taking advice. I am not in favor of doing any exercise before the diagnosis of the root cause as it can increase the pain if got the wrong way.

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:18 am

This can be occurred due to improper posture during sleep. It is advisable for your mother to use proper mattress and pillow and also to take care on sleeping posture. Apart from this some times due to long term nervous disorder back pain can be developed. So it is recommended to go for a doctor's visit and start thorough treatment.

Afrin Sheikh

by Afrin Sheikh on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Very helpful tips. I will definitely try this.

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Back pain during sleeping is the problem due to the matresses we used. Our body posture is also a problem of back pain during sleeping so try to sit straight and focus on our body posture to ignore such kind of pains during our sleep.

25 posts