Back pain during sleeping?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

25 posts
JohnnyJ2020

by JohnnyJ2020 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Re: Back pain during sleeping?

When me and my wife changed a bed and a mattress, I also started feeling backpain during my sleep. I couldn't figure out that it was all about new uncomfortable mattress. When we changed it to another one, all the pain disappeared. I know that changing bed and mattress can't be a panacea for everybody, sometimes it's more serious than just a sleeping place. But talking from my experience- it helped. I bought the special mattress for sleeping on Amazon and chose from this list. Hope it will be helpful for you!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:45 pm

The wrong mattress can result in back pain. Sleeping in awkward positions can also pull the muscles. The right mattress is essential. Ideally, you'd change it every 3 to 5 years BUT a lot of people do so every 8 to 10 years, which I think is too long a time.

I am having a new mattress in the New Year. I would also like another bed frame, but that is another story. Anyhow, the right bedding will prevent back pain and other joint pain.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:53 pm

your sleeping posture could be the culprit. Poor sleeping positions can put pressure on your spine, causing its natural curve to flatten. This can also cause back strain and uncomfortable pressure on your joints.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:40 am

You're right, Latrice Sang: the wrong sleeping posture CAN result in back pain. Definitely anyone suffering back pain would be wise to sleep in the right position so they're comfortable and don't strain their muscles. I do also still believe the right mattress will reduce any back pain. Because too soft or hard-a-mattress can equally cause pain.

Two valid points.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:41 pm

maybe she sleeps in an uncomfortable position, my MIL also has back pains but she has osteoarthritis

25 posts