neck pain from home chest exercises

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
prasanav

by prasanav on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am

neck pain from home chest exercises

I have been doing simple exercises at home, everyday different exercises focusing on different part of the body, no two days do the same exercise except the physio prescribed stretching exercises for my back.

In my everyday routine I have pressups(different one every day), since the last few weeks experiencing pain in the neck are just above shoulder blades, reading online I see it is because of incorrect posture or either over exercises I have over done. I am not sure if doing nearly 100-150 push ups in 6 sets is overdoing, I am slim - skinny person weighing around 68-70kgs so don't know if I have pushed the limits.

no matter how much I try to correct my posture I am unable to do any more push ups or use dumbbell (5kg) to do any floor press or chest fly .

I need help to recover and get back to my exercise routine.

PremierPain

by PremierPain on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:22 am

Re: neck pain from home chest exercises

Simple Home Remedies for neck pain that won't go away.

– You should not restrict motion, but avoiding jerk or pain aggravating activities is prohibited. This helps reduce symptoms and regulate inflammation.

– Slow-motion exercises like moving the neck up-and-down, from right shoulder to left shoulder, and right to left. Stretching of neck muscles can relieve pain.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 am

Re: neck pain from home chest exercises

I agree with PremierPain's advice.

Also, go with what your body is able to and then increase the exercises. Do too much too soon and you'll injure yourself. Also warm-up and warm-down before and after exercise. If you build up slowly, you won't injure yourself.

3 posts