Daughter with neck and back pain

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

19 posts
Dianewest

by Dianewest on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Daughter with neck and back pain

I've just posted in the mental health forum under panic attacks. The reason I'm also posting in this forum is that my daughter suffers with neck and back pain and I think it's brought on by stress and worry. I took her to the doctor as when she moved her neck in a particular position it made an almighty clicking noise. The doctor sadly fobbed us off with the notion a heated pad and moving her neck would rectify it. But I think we may well need to take her to a chiropractor. I also suffer with neck and back pain but mine is due to being infront of a computer all day. I plan to do more exercise this year as I think this could really help.

Saharanails

by Saharanails on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: Daughter with neck and back pain

Hi, I am as well suffering from bad neck and shoulder pain and at the moment have bad anxiety which I seem to get when my thyroid is slow as I have hypothyroidism so it probably is linked.
The doctors turn me away all the time they don't seem to link the two. Gets me very down cos its a lingering pain that is always there no matter what pain killers I take.
Sarah

painintheneck

by painintheneck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello - my daughter also has a pain in her neck. We've tried massage which helped but it didn't stop the pain or the loud clicking she feels compelled to do every now and then.

We're off to a chiropractor tomorrow for treatment. Let's hope it works!!!

Dianewest - how's your daughter now?

Felicity Star

by Felicity Star on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Dianewest and painintheneck, I have recently read an article about some research that has been done into children having increasing problems with back pain due to them carrying heavy school books in rucksacks. Maybe this may be one of the causes of your childrens problems? May be worth thinking about when they are packing and carrying their bags. I used to be a rep for a card company and then a book company and I'm sure that carrying heavy boxes has not helped my cause!!!

painintheneck

by painintheneck on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Hello Felicity Star - funny you should say that as that's exactly what the chiropractor said! My daughter doesn't use a ruck sack but been told she should as she's carrying one very heavy bag on one side of her body! But, or course, ruck sacks are not cool if your 15!!

kenydisuja

by kenydisuja on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 am

Before sometime I was also suffering from back pain, but my friend told me about acupuncture treatment and it is really very helpful. Now I am completely find and I suggest that you to take this treatment.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am

Thank you for the suggestion around acupuncture. Pleased it's worked for you and knowing this may benefit others.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

healthcare2

by healthcare2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Neck muscles can be strained from poor posture — whether it's leaning into your computer at work or hunching over your workbench at home. Wear-and-tear arthritis also is a common cause of neck pain. Fortis Healthcare provides latest technology and equipments for treatment of conditions like hip pain, joint pain, joint disorders, Trauma, joint injuries, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic wrist pain, fractures and sprains.

19 posts