Exercises to Treat Low Back Pains

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
grandeprairiephysiotherapy

by grandeprairiephysiotherapy on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

Exercises to Treat Low Back Pains

Lower back pain have become quite common these days! The fast paced life, changed lifestyles and immense stress are few factors that are affecting the health of individuals. For effective pain relief, search for physiotherapist who is trained in hands-on techniques like joint mobilization, muscle stretching, joint manipulation and more to help with low back pain.

Exercises are known to be one of the best ways for lower back pain treatment. Here are few common exercises that act as lower back pain remedies

• Child’s Pose – Begin kneeling on all fours. Push back and rest your arms by your sides.
To make more room for your body separates your thighs for wide-knee version of the child's pose. Rest and breathe allowing your body to completely relax.You can rest your hand on a towel for greater back and neck support. If you have knee pain or discomfort place a rolled-up yoga mat or folded blanket under your leg behind your knee.. Hold the position for 30 seconds before getting up. Repeat 5 times.

• Partial Crunches – Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
Tighten your stomach muscles and flatten your back against the floor. Place your arms behind your head so that they are in contact with it, but not pulling on it.
Tuck your chin in and lift your head and shoulders up, bringing your elbows closer to your knees. Don't hold your breath. It helps to breathe out as you lift your shoulders up.
Lower back your head and shoulders. Repeat it 10 times. This exercise helps in back pain treatment.

• Wall Sits – Do you need a break from a regular sitting job? Well, take a break! Do some wall sits to ease your back pain. Wall sits are the best way to release pressure on your back muscles. Stand up against a wall with your feet in front of you (distance feet/wall: when your thighs are parallel to the ground your knees should be at 90 degrees). Slide up and down the wall, keeping the upper body in contact with the wall. Go down to parallel with your thighs. Keep the knees in line with the feet.Repeat the exercise 8 – 10 times.

• Lumbar rotation stretch–Lie on your back with your knees bent. Keeping your knees together, lower them to the ground as far as you can on one side and maintain the stretch for 10 counts. Return to the neutral position and repeat on the other side. Do not raise your shoulders off the bed when you lower your knees. Repeat the exercise for 10 times.

• Knee to Chest Stretch – Lie on your back with both knees bent. Lift one knee up first then the other, then pull both towards your chest using your hands.Hold the position for few seconds and return your legs to the floor slowly. Repeat it three times.

Also, ensure that you do not perform any exercises that cause stress on your back muscles. Be regular with the exercises and see the difference.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Re: Exercises to Treat Low Back Pains

Thank you for posting these exercises. Much appreciated.

Best wishes
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:45 am

This is a great post. Your shared exercise will relief back, neck, shoulder & elbow pain. Also need to sleep well to avoid these pain.

FarCrazy

by FarCrazy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Wow! This is a great post. Very helpful!!

johnsimon

by johnsimon on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you very much for sharing these. I really do appreciate.

Cosmediskin Lisa

by Cosmediskin Lisa on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:42 am

I have found that with my lower back pain im in need of opening my pelvic muscles not placing pressure on my pelvis by moving the legs back and forth. Instead due to sciatica I stand with a support or something to hold to the side of me and bend my knees comfortably. The legs are slightly apart and as i bend i understand the vertebrae is being opened in the area of the lower spine. This helps because the cartilage is then being relieved as the pressure is removed by opening up the legs and the back. Its like a ballet dancers pliet keeping your back straight it works and whilst the legs are open and pliet is happening i then rotate the hips it works really well and rectifies my need for bone alignment for days.

6 posts