I'm diagnosed with Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
helengeorge90

by helengeorge90 on Tue May 29, 2018 3:59 pm

I'm diagnosed with Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Hello everyone!!
I'm a degree student working in Toronto. I loved swimming and I was eager to learn it during my teenage. Initially, I didn't know swimming and my brother taught me. It was during my fifteens I learned swimming. It was during the last year trip I swam with my pals and we had a lot of fun. After that trip, every day we used to swim in our nearby pool of our flat. These days I'm troubled with a throbbing shoulder pain. I was unable to attend classes due to the severe pain. When I took a checkup I was diagnosed with shoulder impingement syndrome. I tried certain medications as per the doctor's instructions such as the aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen etc. Burt these medications where giving stomach irritation. Then my doctor advised me to take an appointment with the physical therapist and to demonstrate the exercises which are most effective in strengthening and stretching shoulder muscles. I took an appointment at a nearby clinic for getting the physiotherapy treatment. How long will each treatment last? Will I be able to recover soon? Kindly share your views.