Annular tear

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
jan115

by jan115 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Annular tear

Hi,I have suffered back pain since I was 20(I am 57 now),including spells of such severe pain that I have been unable to walk,or blacked out.After a recent MRI scan,I was told I have an annular tear.Reading up on this,it seems it can cause severe pain and affects nerve endings.However,my GP is adamant that the tear will heal itself and that the surrounding tissue, and not the tear is causing the pain.Does anyone have experience of this or any advice please?I have so many questions and don't know where to turn

sheilaparker

by sheilaparker on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Annular tear

Hey! I was suffering from the back pain recently and for that I have consulted my doctor. My doctor has prescribed me bed rest with pain reliever. After 15 days of bed rest my back pain has totally disappeared. So, I will recommend you to meet any health professional because he is the only right person to explain you all....

Nellysierra12

by Nellysierra12 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello,

My Mother also suffering from Annular Tear. This normal aging process is commonly responsible for annular tears. By the time and usage the annulus becomes thinner, losing elasticity vulnerable to damage. We can treat annular tear by self treatment like
Cold compresses, applied for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, several times a day, are helpful during the first day or two Also Try to avoid staying in bed. Prolonged inactivity will lead to weaker muscles and more pain.

jan115

by jan115 on Thu May 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Thank you for the replies all.I do keep as active as possible and have spells when the pain is not so bad,other times it is agony.I wonder if the tear can heal and then tear again under strain?I will look into the magnetic therapy,although the price is a bit out of my range,perhaps I will find something a bit cheaper.I have also developed arthritis now,so that is making matters worse.

jan115

by jan115 on Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks Maizee,I may have to start saving then,they do sound good!

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 am

Massage of Mahanarayan oil will help you. Get massage from experienced massage.
Use one pillow only while sleeping.
You may consult physiotherapist if massage do not work.
Yoga is the best exercise.

6 posts