Page 1 of 1

Vaginal Mesh

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm
by mellyhill1
Hi I had mesh fitted for cystocelle / bladder prolapse the mesh eroded and was partially removed awaiting removal of the rest my prolapse is back I am struggling to get to the toilet before wetting myself I am up 4-5 times at night and as soon as I get out of bed it starts to run down my leg I can’t hold it .is there any meds thst can slow down my bladder

Re: Vaginal Mesh

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 am
by Mr Chris Harding
You could try an anticholinergic drug (Oxybutynin, Solifenacin, Tolterodine etc) or Mirabegron which works in a slightly different way. You may even try a combination of anticholinergic and Mirabegron - could be worth discussing with your GP.

Re: Vaginal Mesh

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:16 pm
by Prof Christopher Chapple
You need to be reviewed by an expert at the hospital, namely a urogynaecologist or a urologist with an interest in functional urology. You need to discuss with your GP to arrange a referral. Presumably, you have already had treatment under a specialist and potentially referral back to that specialist would be appropriate.