Older person Acne

Post your questions about acne here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:47 am

by deedeeep on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Older person Acne

I am now in my 60's and still suffer with acne regularly sometimes the spots are large and solid lumps. I have always cleaned and toned my skin but nothing makes them go away. I am guessing that at my age I am not going to grow out of this condition now. is there anything that I can do? It is even more embarrassing now than it was when I was in my teens.

User avatar
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Re: Older person Acne

I am sorry to hear about your acne. Consult your GP or dermatologist they can give you an antibiotic, Epiduo or DUAC gel and Roacutane.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts