Hydrocele

Post your questions about penis issues here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
hedgewitch210

by hedgewitch210 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Hydrocele

My husband was diagnosed with a hydrocele three years ago by our G.P. He has received no treatment for it since the diagnosis and he shows no signs of going back to talk to the doctor. However, in the last couple of months, along with the previous symptoms, I have noticed one half of his scrotum hanging much lower than before. He says that the level of discomfort has not increased and that there is no significant change in the swelling but I wondered if the lower position ( or I suppose it could be that one half is much higher??) is part of the hydrocele and if so does it suggest that visiting the dr would be advisable?

Mr Vaibhav Modgil

by Mr Vaibhav Modgil on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Re: Hydrocele

Thanks for your question.

Hydroceles are benign fluid filled collections. They do not represent anything sinister. We regularly perform hydrocelectomy for patients suffering with symptoms and it’s normally a day procedure.

However, I would always recommend that patients who notice any changes in scrotal swellings see their doctor. So if you have any concerns please do encourage your husband to seek medical attention.
Mr Vaibhav Modgil
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Andrologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... modgil.php

2 posts