Erectile dysfunction at 81 - is it too late to act?

Post your questions about penis issues here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
needanand

by needanand on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Erectile dysfunction at 81 - is it too late to act?

I shall be 81 in September and have had erectile dysfunction for a few years and that was preceded by "blank" ejaculations (which continue). My wife and I are still keen on sex. Is there any way to / and am I now too old - to sort this problem?

I suppose that, apart from age my medication could have an affect?

I take lacidipine for blood pressure, tamsulosin (probably for enlarged prostate), warfarin for attrial fibrilation, ramipril and atorvastatin (probably for cardio). I also have a pace-maker and type 2 diabetes (controlled without medication). In short it sounds as though I'm a wreck!

I also need frequent trips to the loo - several times overnight.

Mr Vaibhav Modgil

by Mr Vaibhav Modgil on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Erectile dysfunction at 81 - is it too late to act?

I don’t think it’s ever too late to act and be seen by your urologist. There could be a number of reasons you’re experiencing the symptoms you are.

Tamsulosin could indeed be the reason your are not ejaculating as you once did. The drug can cause retrograde ejaculation.

Diabetes is closely linked to a deterioration in erectile function. Optimising diabetic control is vital for your erections and overall health.

I would recommend you see your GP who can refer you to your local urologist. In short, it’s never too late and there are treatment options available for the symptoms you describe.
Mr Vaibhav Modgil
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Andrologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... modgil.php

2 posts