Problem with circumcision results

Post your questions about penis issues here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
jordanjanssen

by jordanjanssen on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Problem with circumcision results

Hi,

In September last year after suffering balanitis then lichen schlerosus leadingto phimosis, I went to my local urology department and was given a semi-circumcision despite me asking for the full job to be carried out. I also had a frenuloplasty. I am very unhappy with the results. The cut was not made evenly for the circumcision, resulting in a lumpy and misshapen penis when erect, and the scar from the frenuloplasty pulls tight when erect.

When I got a new referral to urology, the first person I spoke to described the results as “perfect” and said I could not expect better. I asked for a second opinion and the surgeon I spoke to agreed with me that the results were not desirable. He then booked me in for a circumcision revision. After getting to the hospital, the second opinion surgeon came round with a consultant who stated that he thought he would only make the problem worse, and he has circumcised over 1000 men. He told me to go back to my GP and ask to be referred to plastic surgery after a three second glance at my penis.

How do I get this sorted out? I know of many men who have had circumcision revision surgery and been very pleased with the results. (They were able to go private). I can’t afford to go private, how do I persuade my GP and a plastic surgeon to correct this problem?

Many thanks,

Jordan

Mr Ben Ayres

by Mr Ben Ayres on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 am

Re: Problem with circumcision results

Scarring with poor cosmetic outcome, tight / pulling penile shaft skin and change in penile sensation can all occur after revision circumcision so you do need to be cautious. I suggest you ask your GP for referral to your regional andrology centre, which will be in one of the NHS hospitals in your region, for an assessment and second opinion.
Mr Ben Ayres
Consultant Urological Surgeon

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _ayres.php

2 posts