Weight gain menopause

If you have a question that doesn't fit into the above headings please post it here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:40 am

Weight gain menopause

Hi am 57 had a total hysterectomy in January 2017, on Everol 50 twice a week and vagifem weekly. Now 2 stone heavier. Swim twice a week gym 3 times a week and following slimming world daily. The weight will not go down. Feeling demoralised and cannot fit into my clothes. HELP I need to know what to ask my GP. Feel so alone and isolated. Desperate for advice.
Since operation suffer with red sore eyes. Using ocosoft foam and eye drops. I cannot get on top of blepharitis. Suffering daily.
Thanks Claire
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Ali Mortimer

by Ali Mortimer on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:57 am

Re: Weight gain menopause

Hi Claire
I am so sorry that you are feeling so demoralised... It sounds like you are are making some good lifestyle choices - swimming is really good for your overall health so keep that up! In terms of your diet, are you able to elaborate more on what you eat on a typical day?
As Health Coaches, we recommend that you eat more whole foods (ie, those that are as close to their natural form as possible) and less processed foods, more water and herbal teas than caffeine, alcohol and soft drinks.
There are other factors that could also be hindering your weightloss - such as sleep and stress. In terms of sleep 8 good quality hours is recommended to allow our body to really restore.
Stress can cause our body to produce more cortisol which impacts the effectiveness of our digestion and metabolism and therefore impacts weightloss. If you find you are stressed (and being stressed about your lack of weightloss may not help...), then you could look in to ways of how you can relax more - whether that be practicing mindfulness or meditation, or going for a walk in nature, listening to music.... or just being still for 5-10 minutes every day.

If you have any more questions or thoughts - please do reply back and we can help guide you further.
Best wishes
Ali
Ali Mortimer
Holistic Health & Happiness Coach (IIN)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... rtimer.php

gemini62

by gemini62 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Weight gain menopause

Hi Ali
Yes I follow a Slimming World diet eg vegetables, salads, fruits, fish, and quorn as I’m a pescatarian and have been for 39 years. Limit myself on carbs to porridge with fruit and Nat yoghurt. Lunch is salad with quorn or fish small ‘tea plate’ portion. Dinner is fish and vegetables. Occasionally pasta with mince and tomatoes. Snack on fresh fruit eg peach or plums. Drink peppermint tea, black coffee decaf., And sparkling water with lemons or limes.

Spoken to my GP as she is an authority on menopause now. She said Everol hrt is wholly responsible for weight gain as I follow Slimming World regime. I’ve been put on Estradot 25 (should have been 37 but as the national press has highlighted there wasn’t any available). It’s worrying for millions of us relying on hrt.

3 posts