Acne

Post your acne related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Jamie1991

by Jamie1991 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 am

Acne

Hi I'm 28 I have had acne since I was a kid and I have tired everything of the doctors all my life tables creams and I have tried so many things I can think of but for some reason I just carnt get rid of it I get it all over my face chest and back I have be feeling so insecure about it I hate going out just in case people look at me I cant even go to the shop with out make up on to try and cover it but it doesn't work

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Re: Acne

Hello Jamie,

I would certainly try skin camouflage products for acne scarring. The coverage is excellent and ideal for hyperpigmentation and erythema. A skin camouflage practitioner will create a skin match for you and teach you the correct application. This is very important because there are different techniques and tools available so make sure you see someone who is experienced. This is not make up ...and does not require a blanket coverage.

If you get in touch with Changing Faces or with myself at Skin Camouflage Services, I'm sure we can be of help.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 am

Re: Acne

Dear Jamie
It sound like you have had a very difficult time with acne for 10 years and it is affecting your daily life. You mention trying creams and tablets, but have you been referred to a dermatologist? I would suggest that you talk to your GP about how you are feeling and ask for a dermatology referral as you need assessment and other treatment options for active acne. Acne scarring is difficult to treat but there are options, including skin camouflage but active disease requires assessment, management and treatment. I wish you all the best and please do try and see a dermatologist.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

3 posts