Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019 > Eczema & Dry Skin

Eczema & Dry Skin

Moderator: talkhealth

what is this rash

Postby asdf;lkj on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm

The attachment IMG_9648.jpg is no longer available

Please can you tell me what this rash is, it is in my leg creases. I have had it since November 2018 and dermovate cream is not working, prescribed by my Gp. A dermotologist has ruled out Lichen schlerosus.
I am taking ramipril and duloxetine. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and occasionallly rosacea on my nose/face.
I attach a photo to show the rash
Attachments
IMG_9648.jpg
IMG_9648.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 106 times
asdf;lkj

Re: what is this rash

Postby Dr Anton Alexandroff on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to be sure without examining you in person but from your photograph I wonder if you might have a fungal infection? Can you ask you GP to try terbinafine cream?

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/dr_anton_alexandroff.php
Dr Anton Alexandroff