Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
dan21075

by dan21075 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Please can anyone help? I've had tiny sore white bumps at the corner of my mouth for 8 months. The condition also produces wrinkes between the clusters of bumps. I'm concerned that I'll never be able to kiss anyone again as my mouth is physically repulsive and might be contagious.

I've seen three doctors, who've suggested angular chelitis and herpes simplex however it doesn't look like the pictures of these things online and ultimately the doctors weren't sure what caused it. None of the antifungal, antibacterial or antiviral creams they prescribed have helped. They've run out of creams to prescribe. Full blood tests came back normal.

I've also tried almond oil, cleaning up my diet, reducing sugar and carb intake, coconut oil, vaseline, listerine original, hydrogen peroxide, manuka honey, lemon, cucumber, B vitamins, duct tape and tea tree cream. I've also tried simply leaving it, so please don't think any of these other things that I've tried are what's aggravating it or preventing it from going away.

The affected area remains hidden from view unless I open my mouth because of the way my mouth folds. I'm aware this is a contributing factor but I still want to know if it can be treated nonsurgically. All thoughts welcome!

Dan

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Re: Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Dear Dan,

I am so sorry to hear about your skin problem. It does not look infective or contagious in nature. I wonder if this might be hyperplasia of sebaceous glands. I would suggest that you ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist. Sometimes an examination in person may help to make a diagnosis sometimes we arrange a small diagnostic biopsy. In any case it should not stop you from kissing meanwhile.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

dan21075

by dan21075 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Thank you Dr.

I appreciate the response.

3 posts