Neck and chest

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
guccigirl

by guccigirl on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Neck and chest

I’ve had a red patch like spidery veins either side of neck and top of chest, for a while. It looks like faint blood vessels and now and again gets redder and itches. It started when I used sunbeds a few years ago, and it comes and goes. Recently it has been really itchy and now some spots have appeared and not healed for two weeks, I could literally scratch my skin off. I haven’t used anything different, I use SPF 50 on my neck and face pretty much every day since having a pre cancerous spot took off in February and I stay out of the sun. I have took a photo of the larger spot on skin vision and it came back high risk, not sure how accurate that app is. Any advice be appreciated, thank you x
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_4362.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4362.jpg (26.01 KiB) Viewed 2010 times

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Neck and chest

Thank you very much for your question. I am sorry to hear about your skin problem. I am afraid it is impossible to draw conclusions from this image and generally it is very difficult to take good photos of skin lesions. Because you had a precancerous spot taken off before it would be sensible to see your GP again. He may give you a strong steroid cream to settle itch and see what this spot/area looks like when it is not inflamed. If it looks suspicious he may biopsy it or refer you to your dermatologist.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts