grauloma annulare?

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
nechama rotenberg

by nechama rotenberg on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:58 pm

grauloma annulare?

I have been to a consultant dermatologist who thinks i have the above condition. I would like a second opinion. I have lesions on my legs for about 2 years. In addition, after prescribing Elocon the condition worsened. I have had 2 skin biopsies but would value a second opinion. It may be related to type 2 diabetes that was not controlled but I don't think so. Happy to send photos. Nancy

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:13 am

Re: grauloma annulare?

Dear Nancy,

I am sorry to hear about your skin condition. Feel free to share photos but please kindly note that usually examination is person is much more helpful. Also it would be useful to see the biopsy report, it is usually helpful. Granuloma annulare may or may not respond to steroid creams. Other treatments include tacrolimus, UVB and some strong medications like Isotretinoin, Methotrexate, Dapsone, Hydroxychloroquine, ciclosporin. You can read more about the condition and treatment on my website if it is of interest.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts