Small dots on hands that turn into bumps

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Small dots on hands that turn into bumps

Hello, I keep getting these fairly faint dots on my fingers... sometimes they will become raises, almost like warts. They are so frequent now - a new one every few days. They are a little uncomfortable, but. Or particularly itchy or painful. I have been treating the bumps as warts... however, as they are so frequent - wondering if I’ve misdiagnosed them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This site won’t let me update pics. However, they are flesh colour or slightly red. Slightly larger than a pin point. Eventually they will become raised with the dot at the centre of the bump. The raised bump is firm, not blistered. Thanks

Dr Sharon Wong

by Dr Sharon Wong on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 am

Re: Small dots on hands that turn into bumps

Unfortunately it isn’t possible to accurately diagnose without seeing the rash/spots or you in person. From your description warts remain a possibility but I would advise you initially arrange to see your gp for a review
Dr Sharon Wong
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... n_wong.php

2 posts