Always tired

Post your questions on fatigue and energy levels here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
longterm_sufferer

by longterm_sufferer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Always tired

I’m so tired all the time!!! What can I do???

Ali Mortimer

by Ali Mortimer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Re: Always tired

Hi Long term sufferer -

Tiredness can be a symptom of our lifestyle habits. Things that you could reflect on and try are:

- are you getting enough sleep? Sounds obvious, but are you getting 7-8 hours of good quality sleep a night? Some simple tips to improve your sleep would be to have a good bed time routine - wind down, have a warm bath, read a book and only get in to bed when you want to sleep; Keep off tablets and smart phones for at least 60 minutes prior toing to sleep as they emit a blue light that can stimulate your brain to stay awake - plus depending on what you look at it can also cause you anxiety / stress or a whole host of emotions.

- what are you eating? eating a healthy balanced diet full of whole fruits, veggies, whole grains and proteins is good for your digestion and mental health. If you have a diet full of processed food, sugar, caffeine and alcohol, you can disrupt your digestion, overall body health and therefore your sleep patterns too.

- are you getting fresh air and moving your body enough? Getting fresh air is so good for your sleep, particularly in the morning as it helps our natural body clock. The same with exercise, moving your body will help your mental health, your physical health and your emotional health and all of these can help improve sleep.

- what are your stress / anxiety levels like? If you are stressed, this can impact your sleep with insomnia or you can get chronic fatigue syndrome through being anxious all the time. To help reduce your stress levels, you could try different forms of breathing techniques, through meditation, mindfulness or yoga. Having a good community and someone to talk to can also help with this.

I hope this gives you some pointers or starters. If you give me / us some more information, we can help you further.

Best wishes
Ali
Ali Mortimer
Holistic Health & Happiness Coach (IIN)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... rtimer.php

Lauratu Osu

by Lauratu Osu on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 am

Re: Always tired

Hello,

My colleague has presented a great list of things to consider and I would like to add a couple more. If you are not drinking enough water during the day, this can contribute to you feeling tired and if you are not eating enough of nutritiously dense foods, you might be deficient in certain vitamins and/or minerals which can also contribute to feeling tired.

There are little things you can do to increase the amount of water you consume in a day and they include having a glass of water first thing in the morning, after drinking coffee or tea (as caffeine can dehydrate) and setting a series of alarms during the day to remind you to drink some water. To find out if you are deficient in any vitamins and/or minerals, I would suggest visiting your GP and with the explanations of how you are feeling ask for a blood test but I am pretty sure that upon hearing how you have been feeling they will offer it anyway.

Hope you start feeling much better soon.

Warm regards,
Lauratu
Lauratu Osu
Health & Lifestyle Coach

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... tu_osu.php

3 posts