Vegan and feeling weak

Post questions regarding health eating here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

Vegan and feeling weak

I’m vegan and recently I’ve started feeling really weak. All my family and friends keep telling me it’s because I don’t eat meat. Can you recommend what I should do? I don’t have the best diet but I’m really fussy so tend to stick with basic stuff. Thanks Vicky
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Ali Mortimer

by Ali Mortimer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Re: Vegan and feeling weak

Hi Vicky

Thank you for your question; in terms of feeling weak, it is important for vegans to make sure they are getting enough Vitamin B. Are you taking a supplement for this?

Also - regardless of dietary preferences, I recommend that you look at what you are eating and follow a good balanced diet that means you eat 50% leafy greens and colourful vegetables, 25% low GI carbohydrates such as quinoa (added protein), brown rice, sweet potatoes and ensure you getting 25% from lean proteins - for vegans, seeds, nuts, legumes (chickpeas, lentils) and then add in some good fats such as avocado and cold pressed plant oils.

Also in terms of your tiredness, there could be other factors that are draining you of energy rather than just food? Do a review of your exercise - are you getting enough movement a day or over a week? Are you taking enough rest and getting enough sleep? Are you feeling particularly stressed or anxious? Do you feel that you are in a good home environment and have the support you need? All of these can contribute to your overall wellbeing and energy levels...

If you would like to discuss any of the points above furhter, please let me know.

Best wishes
Ali x
Ali Mortimer
Holistic Health & Happiness Coach (IIN)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... rtimer.php

2 posts