Are there any particular foods I should be eating?

Post questions regarding health eating here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 am

Are there any particular foods I should be eating?

I try to eat quite a well-balanced diet but I live with stress, anxiety and difficulty sleeping. Are there particular foods I could add to my diet to help? I don't drink coffee, and don't have any allergies or particular dietary requirements.
Thanks, Elaine
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Ali Mortimer

by Ali Mortimer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Are there any particular foods I should be eating?

Hi Elaine
Many thanks for your question. It is really good to hear that you eat a wellbalanced diet.

In terms of what you should be eating, as a Health Coach, I recommend to my clients that they eat a variety of whole foods and vegetables, where 50% of your intake are colourful veggies and leafy greens, that 25% comes from lean proteins (lean meat, fish, eggs, tofu, legumes, seeds and nuts) and 25% comes from a good source of carbohydrate such as low GI grains, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potatos. Your body also needs good fast such as avocado and nuts, seeds and from plant based pressed oils (olive, coconut)

For anxiety and stress, I believe you need a good mediteranean diet with lots of good omega 3's and fatty acids - so fresh fish, olive oils, lots of colourful vegetables and I would also recommend some form of pro-biotic foods (apple cider vinegar, fermented foods) to help your gut and digestion. There has been a lot of research to prove how your gut and brains interact; if you have a happy belly, you have a happy mind!

Looking at your sleep and anxiety outside of food, have you tried other techniques, such as mindfulness, meditation or having a good bedtime routine without screens for the last 60 minutes before sleep?

Please do reconnect if you would like to discuss any of these points further.
Best wishes
Ali
Ali Mortimer
Holistic Health & Happiness Coach (IIN)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... rtimer.php

2 posts