Diet & Lifestyle

Post your questions about psoriasis here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:11 am

Diet & Lifestyle

Do you recommend diet & lifestyle intervention for psoriasis?

Why is there not more research into diet & lifestyle intervention for psoriasis?

Lianne
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

professor andrew r thompson

by professor andrew r thompson on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Re: Diet & Lifestyle

This is a good question as lifestyle changes may certainly help with management of psoriasis and improve wellbeing. I think that there are a few studies looking into the use of motivational interviewing etc. going on at the moment, so if you're interested I'd recommend looking at the websites of the main charities in this area - the psoriasis association and the psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis association. There are also international charites such as the psoriasis foundation. However, I agree we probably need further research commissioned in this area. If anyone thinks that their skin might benefit from making lifestyle changes I'd always recommend that they talk to their GP. GPs can often help with referrals to specific exercise sessions, provide advice/access to smoking cessation interventions/medications, and support with reducing alcohol consumption.
Dr Andrew Thompson
Registered Clinical and Registered Health Psychologist - DClinPsy., C.Psychol., AFBPsS., DipCAT., FHEA., BA(Hons)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ompson.php

2 posts