Rituximab

Do you have a question related to an arthritis condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with spondylitis, spondylosis, rheumatica, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 am

Rituximab

I'm currently on Rituximab by infusion, it has given me my life back. Are there any statistics/data on the likelihood of being able to continue on this drug A, its availability and B, can it keep being effective or does the body become used to it and less effective?
Thanks, Heather
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Arthritis Action

by Arthritis Action on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Rituximab

Once you have been started on a biologic medication, provided that is continuing to work and that you don't have any unacceptable side effects,then there is no reason (financially at least) that it will need to be stopped and some people have now been on rituximab for many years. Rituximab, like all biologics can sometimes work very well for some time and then can stop being so effective, however everyone is different, and try not to worry as new and effective medicines are being developed all the time. In the future, arthritis profiles will be developed for everyone with arthritis and improved drugs will be available that can better work for every individual.

Dr Wendy Holden
Medical Advisor to Arthritis Action and Consultant Rheumatologist

Arthritis Action
56 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6AE

020 3781 7120
www.arthritisaction.org.uk

2 posts