Testicular pain

If you have questions about testicular or penile health please post them here for our experts and charity partners to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
mahopkinson

by mahopkinson on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Testicular pain

Hi

I have had intermittent testicular pain in my left testicle , for a number of years now. I had surgery to remove my left eppidiymis, which also contained a small cyst. For 3 months after surgery I felt no pain. However, now the pain has returned. My urologist has advised that the next option would be full removal of my testicle.

However, I have found another option called a Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord, which would be performed by an andrologist.

Which would be the better option and why? Which is less invasive?

Thanks

Mark

Jonathan Makanjuola

by Jonathan Makanjuola on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:59 am

Re: Testicular pain

Removal of the testies is the last resort and still not encouraged as you can still experience pain even if the testicle is gone !

We often start with medication to help with neuropathic pain (nerve pain) like pregabalin

If that’s not successful then a cord block (local Anaesthetic injection to numb the nerves) and radio frequency pulse to the nerve to help “re set “ them

Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord is a good option with removal the absolute final resort
The testicles produces the hormone testosterone essential for your health so need to think about removal very carefully and not rush into that decision
Jonathan Makanjuola
Consultant Urologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... njuola.php

2 posts