Apnea, Snoring and Colour bursting

Post your questions about sleep priority here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
imaiqahhoney

by imaiqahhoney on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:59 am

Apnea, Snoring and Colour bursting

Dear Doctor,

I have 2 issues that request your opinion.

Firstly, I have Apnea. Without my CPAP machine, I notice i will suffering from hearing my own snoring throughout my "sleep" and i will wake up feeling lethargic with lingering headache as i felt as if I can't sleep due to hearing my own snoring.

Secondly, there are times when i closed my eyes in bed, and as soon as i close my eyes and relax, i see colour bursting black, yellow, red, blue, green and it won't stop. I always end up open my eyes and wait until i get exhausted and node off.

In your experience and expertise, why do i have these issues? and how do I solve this?

Dr Neil Stanley

by Dr Neil Stanley on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Re: Apnea, Snoring and Colour bursting

With regards to your CPAP and snoring, CPAP only works if you wear it and so you should be sleeping with it on all night every night, if you cannot tolerate it then discuss with you CPAP provider about a different machine, mask etc that may help you use it more.

The lights you see on falling asleep are called hypnagogic hallucinations. They are common but hallucination that people experience can differ e.g. lights, sounds etc. Unfortunately, there is little you can practically do to reduce them
Dr Neil Stanley
Independent Freelance Sleep Expert

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... tanley.php

2 posts