Problems moisturising my skin

Post your sensitive skin questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:51 am

Problems moisturising my skin

Hello-I wonder if you could help me. I have seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea. This came on after I used Johnson & Johnson facial wipes-Daktacort ointment helps with inflammation. The problem I have is that my skin is so very dry and flaky-it feels like sandpaper. I don't moisturise my skin as many lotions make my skin worse-even E45 which I used recently made my skin inflamed, blotchy and sore. The marks are still evident on my skin and I'm hoping they won't be permanent. I'm getting very upset about my skin-I just don't know what (if any) moisturisers I can use-I'm getting desperate. I used to have really smooth clear skin, but now it's awful. I am pale skinned and have freckles and have sensitivity also to certain soaps and perfumes-can you offer any advice on what I can use to moisturise my skin.

Thanking you in advance
Sharon
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Re: Problems moisturising my skin

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are suffering.

With regards to your seborrheic dermatitis,it might be worth trying a non-steroid antiinflammatory - Elidel or Protopic which might help your skin hold in moisture better.

Then have a look at some of the sensitive skin facial brands - go for non-fragranced. I like brands you tend to find the pharmacy, including some of the French pharmacy brands.

I hope that helps. Good luck, it sounds like there is actually lots that could be done to improve the situation.

BW
Dr Emma
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

Sharon120

by Sharon120 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 pm

Re: Problems moisturising my skin

Thank you very much for your advice-I'll certainly look into buying some of the products you recommended.

Sharon

3 posts