Swollen and sore feet

Post your sensitive skin questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 am

Swollen and sore feet

3yrs ago after several biopsies and tests for allergies I was told that I had Hypokertopic eczema, I was given tablets to begin with, which didn't work. I tried lots of steroid creams etc which didn't work. My feet get swollen sore and the skin breaks down and my feet bleed, which is embarrassing.
I then tried hellan tape which was great it helped my feet to heal. Due to the tape being expensive I wasn't allowed it on a regular basis. I've been on weekly injections daily folic acid and daily vitamin D which are prescribed for me. The injections have helped but don't seem to work as well as when I started.
Please could you advise me if there is any treatment or medication I could ask for.
To stop my feet breaking down, being very sore. Swelling. I'm very depressed as this is all over my body .my feet are like it all the time, but the break out and bleeding comes on my hands. Rashes on my body under the skin which itch. Please help as I'm so fed up.
Thanks, Kathy
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Re: Swollen and sore feet

Dear Kathy,

so sorry to hear about your feet eczema! Toctino tablets can work really well for feet and hand eczema/dermatitis. You may want to ask your dermatologist to prescribe it.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts