Face creams

Post your sensitive skin questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
AnneJoh1970

by AnneJoh1970 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 am

Face creams

Hi, I seem to have so many allergies, contact dermatitis, rhinitis, also very dry skin on hands which crack easily, I have prescription cream for dry skin and CD. I now find my eyes water terrible and cause very sore areas due to constant stream of tears.... I am using my usual face creams, eg Olay. Am I now allergic to my face creams? I have just bought an Australian base cream with no perfume colour etc. My eyes seem better, though rhinitis makes them water too but not enough to cause sore patches on my face.

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Re: Face creams

Hi there, you may be reacting to your creams, but it could just be irritation. You sound like you have eczema and hayfever/rhinitis which sometimes means that your skin barrier is more sensitive to everything, so it may be that your skin is very sensitive. Look for unfragranced creams which are made by sensitive skin brands. If not, see your doctor again to see how you might use your medicated creams.

Hope that helps,
Dr Emma
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

AnneJoh1970

by AnneJoh1970 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:30 pm

Re: Face creams

Thank you Dr Emma, I will definitely look into different creams with no additives!

3 posts