Allergies from the environment

If you have questions about environmental allergies such as chemical sensitivity, latex allergy, dust mite allergy, sensitivity to perfumes, mould and mildew, asthma or rhinitis etc , please ask them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Harrison1

by Harrison1 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Allergies from the environment

I suffer from coughs and colds and I am wondering if there is something else that may be causing them such as allergies. I have had a cough and then it went to a cold and I have headaches, aches and pains, feeling hot, sniffly nose and going to the toilet frequently. I have rested and I drink fluids and I have taken a lot of medication but the cold and cough will not go away. I have been to my doctors who has asked for me to have a blood test and I am awaiting for the results.

I just want to get better as it is making me fill horrible and frustrated and I do not have much motivation to do things and it is disrupting my personal life.

Do you think I have an allergy which is stopping me from getting better please :cry:

RUTHIEUK

by RUTHIEUK on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Re: Allergies from the environment

Hi Harrison
Do you have the opportunity to get to an allergy clinic., hospitals in bigger towns have them?

In the meantime do you use chemicals in cleaning products or skin creams etc? Staying away from these may help.
Take care
Ruth

Leanne Goh

by Leanne Goh on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Re: Allergies from the environment

Thank you for your post,
Some of you symptoms could be attributable to an allergy, however other conditions e.g. viral infections could also present similarly. In the first instance, you make an appointment with your GP to determine how best to proceed.
Leanne Goh
Paediatric Allergist - MB BCh BAO, MRCPCH, MSc (Allergy)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ne_goh.php

3 posts