Black clots

Post your peri-menopause questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Biospine

by Biospine on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Black clots

I have been having irregular periods for a couple of years since stopping the POP - hard to tell when it started as was on POP, I'm now 48 and I have always suffered from excessive sweating as I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome but the sweating has increased now with hot flushing face and some months I will have a very short very heavy period, others I pass small amounts of black clotted matter, some months nothing. Breast tenderness has stopped. I've had long bouts of period pains but no bleed. My old GP was useless and dismissed me being peri- menopausal whatsoever, without tests...I now have a new better GP, should I mention the clots, sweats etc...I am now taking Shatavari (only 1 week so far, but seeing a decrease in night sweats and flushing).

Susie Debice

by Susie Debice on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:47 am

Re: Black clots

It sounds to me that the best course of action would be to book an appointment to see your new helpful GP and give them a full history of your hormone related health including all your past and current hormone related symptoms and conditions, that you are experiencing. It would be sensible to request any further tests or examinations with regards to the blood clots as it's important that other conditions which may be interfering with your hormone balance get ruled out.

Once you have a clear picture of all that is influencing your hormones it would then be advisable to book an appointment with a local nutritional therapist who can create a personalised diet and supplement plan to help support your hormone health as you go through the different stages of the menopause.

Susie Debice - Food Scientist and Nutritional Therapist
Susie's Women's Health Nutrition Clinic
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... debice.php

2 posts