Trigeminal Neuralgia

Post your questions on chronic pain here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Parkesmith

by Parkesmith on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Any suggestions for coping with this pain. I am on 600mgs a day of Pregabalin but, for the last month have only been to the doctors and dentist. The pain is excruciating when I go out in the cold. I have had TN for 6 years and this is the worst it has been. Does anybody else suffer? A friend suggested acupuncture anyone tried that?

Lauratu Osu

by Lauratu Osu on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear of your pain.

Am I correct in understanding TN stands for Trigeminal Neuralgia? If this is so, has your doctor placed you on a pain management plan? Without knowing your history, it would be hard for anyone to suggest anything to help you so asking your GP is the best way to go.

Warm regards,
Lauratu Osu
Health & Lifestyle Coach

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... tu_osu.php

Lisa Irving

by Lisa Irving on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 pm

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia

Hi,

Just wanted to add a couple of things that might be helpful.

It seems like you've had this problem for a very long time and I would absolutely look for any type of treatment that would deal with the root cause of this condition (going back to when it started) rather than just focussing on the symptoms (e.g. pain management with medication).

While pain relief is very important, without root cause resolution it won't bring a lasting relief. If you have an opportunity, I would recommend finding a Functional Medicine doctor that would work with you to resolve the cause of Trigeminal Neuralgia and focus on giving your body a much needed healing.

In the meantime I would definitely try acupuncture. Being part of traditional Chinese medicine, it will work holistically on balancing the body as a complex and interconnected system. Pain relief is one of the aspects acupuncture can help with.

All my best,
Lisa

3 posts