Hot rash and suffer from anxiety & depression

Post your questions regarding mental health and skin conditions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Hot rash and suffer from anxiety & depression

I'm 45. 3 years ago I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I started to get a rash on my elbow area back and front and it would go really hot to the point it feels like I've burnt it. A year ago I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and since then I can't use any scented body wash or soap just like overnight or I get a rash all over. My skin is always dry and also I get red pimple like spots all over my body. Any help please

Thanks
Donna
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Alia Ahmed

by Dr Alia Ahmed on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Re: Hot rash and suffer from anxiety & depression

Thank you for contacting us. It sounds like your skin is quite sensitive, this may be made worse if you feel low or anxious. For any ongoing skin problems I would suggest seeing your GP in the first instance and they can refer you to a dermatologist if appropriate. You have mentioned a sensitivity to some products, it is possible that you may be reacting to some common ingredients found in body washes or scented products. A dermatologist would be able to help you to investigate this further with a skin test to common allergens in products (a patch test). Please also consider:
1. Use a soap substitute to wash (soaps can be irritating)
2. Use emollient liberally and often to help rebuild your skin's natural barrier
3. Try an antihistamine to see if it helps your rash
4. Take pictures of your skin on bad days so you can show your GP/dermatologist. This may help them to make a diagnosis
I hope this information is helpful. I wish you the very best.
Dr Alia Ahmed
Consultant Dermatologist - BSc MRCP

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _ahmed.php

2 posts