Red rashy patches on cheeks

Post your questions regarding mental health and skin conditions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:12 pm

by Guest Posts on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 am

Red rashy patches on cheeks

I wonder if you could advise me about red rashy patches that have appeared on my cheeks? I am 55 and first noticed them a couple of years ago, they are slightly raised bumps and are worse on my right cheek. They are also getting progressively more visible.

I have attached a photo and hope you can help.

With many thanks,
skin.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 82 times
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

User avatar
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Red rashy patches on cheeks

Thank you for your question. You have a skin condition called rosacea. You should use sun protection in summer. You can also ask you dermatologist or GP to prescribe you Soolantra cream and Mirvaso gel. You can read more about Rosacea and treatments on my webpage.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD ... ndroff.php

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm

by SallyFlint on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:28 pm

Re: Red rashy patches on cheeks

Thank you very much for your response. That’s very helpful. Best wishes

3 posts