Anal fissure

Ask our experts any questions you may have about haemorrhoids (piles) and anal fissures here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Anal fissure

I had discovered a lump near to entrance to my bowel which grew bigger and then it blocked the entrance and hence I developed an analogy fissure which was excruciatingly painful for 3 days ... the doctors sent me to hospital onto the scubu Ward .. just as an alert came for no more admissions so they sent me to see a consultant who had a quick look and said it was a centinal skin tag and a fissure ... then gave me some ointment to relax my spincture .. went home my gp recommended another time of ointment for fissure and stool softener.. now a few weeks have gone past ... pain has gone not using ointment but I’m struggling to pass motion out ... it feels numb and I’m straining to get soft stool out .. stomach is bloated, still using Macrogol.. what should I do now?? Thankyou Sarah
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Jamal Hayat

by Dr Jamal Hayat on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 am

Re: Anal fissure

Hi Sarah,
Apologies for the delay in this post.

It sounds like your problems are due to ongoing constipation and faecal loading. How much macrogol are you taking? You can increase the dose - only do this for a short time - I would suggest no more than three days of up to 8 sachets of macrogol per day. Also - you can see your GP again - make sure the fissure has healed.

Kind Regards,
Jamal Hayat
Dr Jamal Hayat
Consultant Gastroenterologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _hayat.php

2 posts