Containing odor of bowel accidents in public

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
chestnut7718

by chestnut7718 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:41 am

Containing odor of bowel accidents in public

I have had to wear adult diapers for 4 years now due to neurogenic bladder. I have no urine control and leak all the time and wear incont. pads 24/7. I have a 31 waist so it's easy to conceal protection. I have bowel control during day but not always. Probably once a week, I deficate in my diaper while away from home. Often it's on a train, bus, or riding a bike and there isn't any place to change myself. I Have found that plastic diapers with two pairs of plastic pants are good at complete containment. I also use tablets to reduce fecal odor. If you get gary pants in say small and extra small, you will have two seals on waist and legs. I have ED also, so between that and the adult briefs, I can't really have any sex life. Can I expect this to continue for my whole life - I'm only 42 now? What do other men do to cope with bowel accidents?
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove images - please upload to an external hosting site and add the links to your post if you would like to reupload.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: Containing odor of bowel accidents in public

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your post. It's so important these conditions, and how to live better when you have them, are talked about. I very much hope some of our members will be able to offer some advice and guidance.

If you've not visited them already I would very much recommend http://www.aboutincontinence.org/ which is an international site offering a wealth of information and support options.

Please do keep us updated on how things are going and if you find a solution you find works for you.

With very best wishes,

Sally
Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts