Adult Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

58 posts
westeremma

by westeremma on Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: Adult Acne

Yah, "Spotless" is a wonderful read...! "Acne No More" is also brilliant...!

GBloom

by GBloom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm

A really interesting comment was left on one of my posts that there are studies out there that show benzoyl peroxide can actually deplete vitamin E within the skin. This is harmful to the skin, as Vitamin E is the main antioxidant that protects the skin from damaging factors such as UV exposure.

I personally use Aknicare, which works really well for me. The active ingredients are triethyl citrate, Ethyl lineolate, Salicylic Acid and Zinc Lactate. Have used it for years and really do recommend it :)

seppo

by seppo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am

@Gbloom, that might have been my comment. At least I usually bring it up when people talk about benzoyl peroxide. It's not a deal breaker, but something you should be aware of when using BP.

On a related note, I just published a mammoth of a post to my blog here. It's covers basically everything you need to know about treating acne without drugs. Here's the link: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... d-of-acne/

[End selfish promotion] :)
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:52 am

I read your post on the blog and thought it was great. So interesting and informative but so much information. I have read it a couple of times and think i need to take notes as keep forgetting stuff. I am looking for products with green tea in and looking at my diet. I am not quite sure how i am going to work out the ratios of my diet accurately, how do you do it? I have started to take a supplement of zinc, folic acid and iron as i think i am deficient in these.

I was really interested in what you said about gluten. In my family there are quite a few people with coeliac disease and i have been considering getting myself tested and your post has helped me decide that i must insist on being tested to see if this could be affecting my acne.

I currently use a lot of tea tree and witch hazel products because i find they sooth my skin when it is itchy or sore.

Thank you so much for such a great blog!

kth87

by kth87 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi
My experience was I had clear skin up until around 15ish when I had a big break outs until around 20. It died down a bit after that mainly being hormonal or diet related break outs. However at 25 and hoping this was all finished with I have found that I am now having a really bad time with acne. I have really red sore patches which hadn't seemed to get any better over the last 3 or 4 months. I eat healthy food don't eat any more fatty or sugary foods than before and exercise more than before.

Although I haven't got any miracle cures to suggest I have seen an improvement for the first time by using organic products on my face. I use an organic cleanser followed by an astringent toner on a night, then moisturiser and a oily skin absorber before applying make up. I find these bring my spots out taking the sore redness out of my face then also dry the sores helping them heal faster. I have only been on this for 2 weeks but I am seeing an improvement and u feel much less conscious without the red flared skin. I use aubry cosmetics and pai skin care

Thanks

quietboy

by quietboy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello, I AM LOOKING FOR A cream for my acne?

quietboy

by quietboy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello every one, Have you guys used Retin A? research Retin a to see what the crem does.

wron2224

by wron2224 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:53 am

Hey Guys,

I'm 27 and having being suffering from acne since I was 15. I have tried the majority of the over the counter products. When I look for information online about acne its always frustrating or someone trying to sell me something. After reading several books on this subject and reading through countless websites I came across this website, http://www.bestacnefacewashguide.com/be ... dult-acne/. After reading through some of the tips my acne has improved significantly.

DaniellaLeonie

by DaniellaLeonie on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Did you know that the main contribution to Acne in adult years is using harsh products with chemicals, preservatives and Emulsifiers that strip the Stratum Corneum.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

Rosy1970

by Rosy1970 on Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 am

Hello,

I am on the waiting list to see a dermatologist since Jan 2014 and still I have not heard anything. I am 43 years old and I am suffering with Acne Rosaeca. I suffered from acne since I was a teenager on my back and face. It eased for a few years with occasional breakouts here and there but ever since I had my second child last year my condition has gotten worse. I have tried almost everything on the market but nothing is helping my skin in the long run. I feel very disheartened and not really confident and when I am leaving the house I have to wear make up to hide the hideous redness and spots.
I have stopped drinking milk and only drink almond milk since December 2013 and I juice from time to time.

Please help! :!:

58 posts