Washing your face when you have acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
JJ-storm

by JJ-storm on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Washing your face when you have acne

1. When applying Duac once daily gel I wash my hands with hand wash and then just wash my face with water before applying the gel, what cleansing routine should I be using to improve my acne? Should I be using some sort of soap when washing my face?
2. I also dry my face with a paper towel/kitchen roll sheet instead of a towel as I find it is cleaner than towels, could this be making my acne worse as small bits from the paper towel/kitchen roll sheets could be sticking to my face and clogging pores?

Mobitoka

by Mobitoka on Thu May 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Washing your face when you have acne

Hi,

Do you find the kitchen towels to be more comfortable though? I think they might irritate your face because they do have a rougher texture and are not advisable for use on the face. About washing, I just use regular soap but wash my face two to three times a day. When I have acne outbreaks, I like using Cetaphil. It is a really mild cleanser and I recommend that you try using it. It is one of the mildest facial cleansers around.

2 posts