Water and acne?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

6 posts
JJ-storm

by JJ-storm on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Water and acne?

1. Can drinking tap water be bad for acne as it may not be filtered?
2. I don’t usually drink a lot of water but I am starting to now as I want to improve my acne, I am worried that if I suddenly start to drink a lot now my skin will get a lot worse as it can purge if toxins are brought to the surface of skin due to suddenly drinking a lot of water, would a solution to this be to ease into it and slowly drink more and more water?
3. Is drinking bottled water better than tap water for acne? Some people do say that toxins from plastics in bottles may be bad?

bharathi

by bharathi on Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: Water and acne?

Yes, drinking unfiltered tap water and their familiarity makes them confident that tap water is clean and pure. However the true is, there are many chemicals in tap water that are abrasive and tough on both your health and your skin.If you notice that you often feel under the weather or have problems with your skin such as acne or pimples, it is definitely time to try a water filtration system. Contaminated drinking water could be causing your immune system to weaken and your health to decline which can lead to skin problems and breakouts. Chlorine and chloramine chemicals in the water can dry and irritate skin, causing rashes or allergic skin reactions from simply showering and bathing. At the same time, people suffering from skin or health conditions will only benefit from drinking clean purified water that can help them flush out toxins from their body and improve digestion and waste removal.

peterson

by peterson on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 am

Keep your face clean. Regardless of whether you have skin inflammation, it's vital to wash your face twice day by day to expel debasements, dead skin cells, and additional oil from your skin's surface, washing more frequently than twice day by day isn't really better; it might accomplish more mischief than anything...

emmaclark

by emmaclark on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

hi...
If you are suffering from acne, then it may be necessary to use a water purifier for your drinking water as well as a shower filter for your bath water. If we use tap water then it can cause a number of problems:
•The skin absorbs the chlorine and other contaminants from the tap water, effectively poisoning the body
•Chlorinated water accelerates the aging process, similar to the effects of extended exposure to the sun
•Chlorinated water can deplete the skin of its natural oils that hold moisture in, leading to dry and itchy skin
•Chlorine not only kills the bad bacteria that can make us sick, but it also kills good bacteria on which our our skin relies.

If we store water in plastic bottles, jugs or containers,then it is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.

HerbertSwa

by HerbertSwa on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 am

Different medicine pills to treat acne due to skin dryness may not work as effectively as ones to treat hormonal acne in individual cases.

Firstly, you have to understand the exact type of acne you have. There are many varieties of it. First, identify and only then treat your acne. It is very important. The best prescription acne medicine depends on the severity and cause of the acne. In any cases you should be better to consult with a doctor. Based on symptoms and physical examination, a doctor can identify the right treatment.

6 posts