essential oils and acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

10 posts
vibrationalhealth

by vibrationalhealth on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:24 am

essential oils and acne

Has anyone tried to use essential oils to clear their acne?

I have. And it really, REALLY helped!!! lavender, rosemary, and tea tree are some of my favorites and are super soothing for the skin. I'd be happy to share some recipes that I've used to clear up my skin!! :)

Bunnykins83

by Bunnykins83 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Re: essential oils and acne

I use lavender oil on any spot I get now. I am clear of acne not (I'm in my 60s) but get the odd spot. I put lavender oil on it and it soon goes. I have tried using other oils on my face with a carrier oil but it seems to cause breakouts. Lavender oil is also fantastic for treating burns and helping with sleep problems.

thakurhimanshi

by thakurhimanshi on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:39 am

Glad to hear you!!!! Thanx for sharing

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Essential oils - when used correctly - are meant to heal and soothe the skin. In fact, I would advise anyone consider using essential oils for their skin. But do get professional advice on how to use them: such as mixing oils and quantities of different oils, etc.

Anyhow, essential oils can also be found in regular toiletries. Neils Yard is such a great essential oil product retailer. I'd advise anyone to have a look on the Internet and see what else is about, too.

HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Tea Tree is well known for being one of the best essential oils for acne and blemish-prone skin.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Tea tree oil IS meant to be a great skin healer. The Body Shop sell tea tree oil skin products: that might be a good place to start. The right skin products will soothe acne prone skin. Because stripping skin worsens acne and makes the skin sore and uncomfortable: even acne prone skin needs gentle products. As for skin peels: DON'T DO IT. You'll end up in a lot of pain. Plus, it sounds terribly cruel to your skin: something out of a horror film. No: avoid skin peels at all costs. And if someone recommends one, walk away and take none of their advice.

Anyhow, soothing skin and using gentle skin treatments is my advice.

naturenaturalindia

by naturenaturalindia on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:35 am

Both rosemary and frankincense are recognised for decreasing microbials and inflammation, which helps to treat acne. Acne is also treated with clary sage. Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils are two of the most well-known essential oils used in skincare.
Last edited by naturenaturalindia on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:21 pm

naturenaturalindia is right: I'd take her advice.

Because essential oils are a great skin healer. The right ones will do wonders for your skin. And do remember to be gentle with your skin.

Patricia Lopez

by Patricia Lopez on Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Oiliness, pimples, or acne were never my problem up until after college where I started working. Maybe it's the change in environment or really just hormones. I would have creams sitting on my face even when I'm at work just so I could at least stop my pimples from becoming red and huge. It was annoying to say the least. Thankfully, I found an astringent toner that helped me miraculously. I never tried any skincare product "with alcohol" before that because I heard they were not gentle. I was afraid it could irritate but my skin but it did not (thankfully). I only used sunflower essential oil maybe a few times. I was hesitant about adding "oil" to my already oily face. Lol

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue May 17, 2022 1:32 pm

Essential oils ARE good for skin health.

I don't know the ins and outs of such skin treatments but have heard good results from people using essential oils on their skin.

10 posts