Adult Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

6 posts
Hannah2288

by Hannah2288 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Adult Acne

I suffer with moderate acne mostly on my right cheek and my chin. As a teenager my skin was pretty good however, I am nearly 30 and my skin is awful! I had this once before and was out on antibiotics which seemed to help. The acne I have now has been with me for well over a year to 18 months and I have tried everything. I was prescribe the same antibiotic, it didn't help time, I have tried benzoyl cream which didn't help and I am now trying skin peels but I just cannot stand looking at myself or even going out as it's really affecting my confidence. Is there anything that can be advised to me about this as I hate it and feel I have no other options.

Evoliame

by Evoliame on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Re: Adult Acne

Hi I had this for years well into my 30s it's not fair you feel like you should have left spots behind! I don't know if you have greasy skin? I do. I use a charcoal face wash then put on epiduo 0.1 (prescribed) and origins oil free moisturiser. I use a facepack every night a mixture of origins or nuxe or a bubble mask and put on la roche-posay effaclar duo before I go to bed. It's alot of work but my skin has cleared and If I do get a spot it's a normal one not a big lump. Good luck x

Hannah2288

by Hannah2288 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:13 pm

It can actually be a bit dry but mainly greasy on my t zone. It seems worse than ever and I’m at a breaking point! It’s hard coz I’ve tried so much it makes me think am I doing too much? But I can’t live like this!! At this point it seems like ist is only getting worse! :cry:
Thanks for the advice.

HelenSwan

by HelenSwan on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 pm

A friend of mine had adult acne all over her face, which caused her a lot of discomfort. Moreover, even when acne were gone they left red spots and scars afterwards. It was like a never-ending process. She tried different creams, pills, diet and cosmetic treatments, which gave her only permanent effect. The only one that brought a visible result almost at once was stem cells treatment called N-graft. Her skin looks much better now.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:49 pm

We would always recommend talking with your doctor in the first instance as they can point you in the direction of a reputable practitioner who may be able to help you.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

6 posts