Treat from inside out or outside in?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

6 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Treat from inside out or outside in?

Do you think it is better to treat acne from the inside out or outside in? I have always treated my skin from the outside but recently on this blog i have been reading about liver function being linked heavily to acne as well as other things so now i wonder if i should change my plan and concentrate on healing my skin from the inside.

Any thoughts?

SecretB5StopsAcne

by SecretB5StopsAcne on Thu May 03, 2012 6:21 am

Re: Treat from inside out or outside in?

I am using a natural acne treatment for treating my acne. It effectively worked on me, it does not only treat and clear acne but also it leaves my skin soft and smooth as new.

Lucy11

by Lucy11 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

What are you using?

seppo

by seppo on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 am

Why does this have to be either or? I think that by phrasing it that way you set up a false choice. Acne has both interenal (hormones, inflammation) and external (skin inflammation, bacteria, genetic sensitivity of the skin to hormones) causes.

To be effective against acne, you really need to attact it from both sides. Internally to minimize the levels of acne-causing hormones and inflammation, and externally to mitigate the damage genes cause.

This article covers the topic nicely.
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

Kate99

by Kate99 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks again for your post! The reason i done inside vs outside is because when on the contraceptive pill my acne is fine i dont have break outs, redness or anything but as soon as i stop my skin is covered which makes me think it is hormonal as i use the same products all the time.

seppo

by seppo on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:12 am

Yes, all acne is hormonal to some degree. Hormones cause excess sebum production and inflammation in the skin. BC pills can normalize the hormonal issues for some women, and that cuts down lot of the causes behind acne.
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

6 posts