Oil on acne???

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

10 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Oil on acne???

I have been reading about treating acne with oil. From what i can understand you use 30% castor oil to 70% sunflower oil and massage it into your skin once a day. You then have hot running water and lay a hot flannel over the area, leave it until it goes cold then start again until all the oil is off.

This seems crazy as i have oily skin but it says oil dissolves oil! Is this right? I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this. And where do you buy castor oil from, i looked in 2 supermarkets but couldn't find it.

SecretB5StopsAcne

by SecretB5StopsAcne on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Oil on acne???

Acne is a disease involves the oil glands. It is not dangerous but it can leave acne scars on skin. Normally oily skin produced acne problem. Acne skin has pores which connect to oil glands located under the skin.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue May 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Have you tried using oil for acne? Would love to hear of someone who has tried this method

seppo

by seppo on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 am

This thing goes by the name 'the oil cleansing method'. Google it and you'll find plenty of info.

I think there is some merit to it as the oils in the acne-prone skin are often oxidized. Adding some 'healthy' oil to the skin could actually help.

I've tried it a few times myself, but I'm too lazy to keep up with it. So can't say much from my personal experience. I have heard good things about it from other people though.
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

Kate99

by Kate99 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks for your post. I did google it and everything i read said about using a 70% vs 30% castor and sunflower oil mixture but i can't find castor oil anywhere, i looked online and it seems very expensive so i would like to know things like how good the results are, does it clear up quickly, does it help scars etc?

Thanks again

seppo

by seppo on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:14 am

Castor oil expensive? That's the first time I heard it. Have you checked your local pharmacy? You might be able to find it from there. At least here in Thailand some pharmacies carry it.
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm

It was about £10+postage for a little bottle. I guess if the bottle lasts me a while it is quite good but i am not sure how long it will last. All the pharmacies i have tried so far do not stock it although i haven't yet tried the health shop which might stock it.

seppo

by seppo on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:52 am

Ouch, that seems really expensive. There's nothing that special about castor oil, so it shouldn't be that expensive. I also had to go through many pharmacies here in Thailand to find it. But it was dirt cheap when I did find it.

Akin1645878

by Akin1645878 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:18 pm

You may cleanse and moisturize your skin with the help of pure chimp super one.
Just try it to see how it works in reality.

bodybyvi

by bodybyvi on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 am

Have any one used this oil on acne? if anyone get good result please inform me.

10 posts