Antibiotics and sun lamps!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
Bunnykins83

by Bunnykins83 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Antibiotics and sun lamps!

I've just read the article on here about the use of antibiotics in the treatment of acne. I was given these 40 years ago for my severe acne. We didn't know about antibiotic resistance then and the gp left me on them for a few years. I now have stomach problems which I put down to me having ME/CFS but wander if it could be the use of antibiotics for all those years. I was also on them just prior to getting pregnant with my daughter. She has always had a problem with the enamel of her teeth being very weak. The dentist said it could be down to me taking this medication as her brother (who was born the year after her when I wasn't on them) has perfect teeth. I am convinced that the antibiotics did the damage.

They did not help my acne anyway but I didn't question being left on them as I thought it would be worse if I came off them. The gp also recommended a sun lamp which I used for a few months! God knows what people of my age have done to their health due to these treatments!! I am aware that some in their sixties are now suffering from skin cancer caused by these sun lamps.

At least we now have the internet and brilliant websites such as this one were sufferers can get a vast amount of information on the subject.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 am

Re: Antibiotics and sun lamps!

Thank you Bunnykins83 for your post. We are now very lucky that there is so much free information available for people to make a more informed choice in relation to medication and therapies.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts