Help me identify my problem and treat it, please!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
lilcapone

by lilcapone on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 am

Help me identify my problem and treat it, please!

Hello, my name's David. I'm a 26 year old white male and have been dealing with this skin issue for 1-2 years now. I'm here because my dermatologist doesn't seem to be a great help and I'm so frustrated and insecure.

So, they told me it was a certain type of dermatitis. I think it started out with an infection on my neck when I had shaved once. It wasn't just normal irritation, and it stuck around for longer than usual. After a couple times noticing that this would happen every time, I now avoid using a razor at all. All of my symptoms are pimple-like. Then I noticed having small breakouts occurring around the edges of my lips. Very subtle but there's minor redness along the edges as well. Then I noticed irregular breakouts occurring occasionally on my nostrils. Mostly the outsides and creases. Eventually the breakouts started occurring along my hairline on the sides of my face and up on top of my forehead. And finally, very painful bumps will occasionally appear on my scalp.

They had prescribed me an antibiotic prior to this one but the most recent prescription was Minocycline. I have not been consistent in taking this in the past, especially due to it needing to be taken twice daily AND on an empty stomach which proved difficult. I am now skeptical that this would even be the fix for it after my last visit. I saw someone new there who said that he didn't recommend I take anything as extreme as an antibiotic. And instead gave me a topical cream for my face. Which if my logic and common sense proves to be correct, I don't see how a topical cream would solve this problem for me. Especially because my scalp wouldn't even be getting treated. Seems to be an infection that requires oral prescription. And if Minocycline is the best option, I will absolutely tackle this thing until it's gone.

Please help me identify and tackle this thing.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:45 am

Re: Help me identify my problem and treat it, please!

Hi lilcapone,

Sorry that you have not had a great experience with your dermatologist so far, it sounds a very frustrating problem for you. Perhaps it may be worth discussing this again with another health professional like your GP?

We do actually have an upcoming ask the expert clinic being run by the British Skin Foundation Experts will be answering questions on Thursday 30th January but the clinic will be open from Monday 27th January for you to post your questions in advance. and it may be worth putting your questions to expert dermatologists here; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... kin_20.php

Hope this helps.

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Re: Help me identify my problem and treat it, please!

Try a different dermatologist.

3 posts