Can anybody help diaganose what sort of acne this is?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
jamesluca

by jamesluca on Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 pm

Can anybody help diaganose what sort of acne this is?

Hello,

I had acne 4-5 years ago and went on roaccutane/accutane for 6 months and it all cleared up. Cut forward to 5 years later and I've started getting a few cystic type spots (not little yellow heads) on my face again, but this isn't the worst of it. I've started getting huge, painful cystic acne spots on the back of my head (ALL OVER IT!) and it's something I've never suffered with before. I have a short haircut on the back and sides of my head and was wondering if this could of caused irritation/infection, but there's literally 15-20 cystic acne spots, which boil up and turn into yellow heads, all over the back of my head.

I've tried numerous treatments, creams, antibiotics and steroid creams but nothing works.

I'm going to a dermatologist at the hospital next week and hopefully they'll put me back on roaccutane again, because I can't even get a haircut anymore!

I've attached some photos. Do you think this is regular acne or something worst like an infection of the hair follicles? It's quite scary.

Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Re: Can anybody help diaganose what sort of acne this is?

Hi jamesluca

Sorry to hear about your frustrating time suffering with cystic acne spots. Hopefully you will soon receive some replies from other members who may be experiencing similar symptoms.

Unfortunately we are unable to give specific medical advice on individual conditions here. Hopefully your dermatologist will be able to identify what is causing the spots. Perhaps it may be worth discussing this again with another health professional like your GP? If you need further help after your dermatology visit, then although a little way off, we do have an upcoming ask the expert clinic in July being run by the British Skin Foundation on acne and spots.

Please find information about that here:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2020.php

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

teriastiles

by teriastiles on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Re: Can anybody help diaganose what sort of acne this is?

I also face this issue of cystic acne, I even went for a minor surgery as one of them was at the back of my left ear. They are called boils I guess, just don't mess with them and it is better if you see a dermatologist.

3 posts